Sunday 25 August 2013

The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge, Letter O

The letter of the moment is O.  There are some amazing entries for this letter check out the challenge and the other entries HERE.  I'm not doing  a great job of playing catch up there are still a few past letters I'm missing, but sunny weather keeps calling me to the great outdoors.  Hopefully as the darker nights descend I'll  get a few more done.  So what does the letter O hold for me?  Something I would NEVER study, I come out in a rash just thinking about it!!

OIKOLOGY: the study or science of housekeeping.


I'm finding it harder and harder to get a good crisp stamped image on my page as the previous layers create a thick bulky book, but for this page 'distressed' stamping works ok. 

Stamps are an old set, I think they are from TANDO Stamps.
TFL  Lou x

8 comments:

  1. What a horrifying subject to study! LOL. New word for me. Your page looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new word for me too, I like it!
    I get that with stamping in my journal. Have you tried using the stamp without a block (if they aren't wood mounted) then they can bend and flex more, and so get in to the nooks and crannies!
    Love your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page and word. I'm glad you took and old fashioned reference in your depiction, so I don't have to pretend that in this modern day I need to live up to the scrutiny of this science.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a new word for me too! Can't say I'm eager to learn this particular science; but I do love your page! The contrast between the black and the background colour is great! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your page Lou and what a fabulous word for the dreariest of subjects:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is beyond stunning, love the altered dressform (?). But surely this won't be a thing to study for me either :-) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, there is such a thing as the study housekeeping? I have learnt something today.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oikology - No.1 son is choosing his university courses as we speak - perhaps I should suggest this? (ha ha) Great pages, love the details - any mis-stamping only adds to the effect. MMx

    ReplyDelete